B2B sales refer to a transaction of products or services between two businesses, unlike the conventional transactions between a business and a consumer, called B2C. The industry of B2B buying is incredibly complex, and because it differs fundamentally from traditional transactions, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that B2B businesses need a marketing strategy that’s fundamentally different from traditional marketing.
But what exactly does a B2B internet marketing agency do, and what makes it different from a regular online marketing agency?
First, it’s important to understand that in a B2B sale, the buyer is less motivated by factors like popularity and emotions than average consumers are — instead, B2B buyers pay attention to details like price, quality, accessibility, and long-term returns on an investment or purchase. Because of this, B2B online marketing companies have to create marketing campaigns that differ quite a bit from what businesses create for their normal consumers.
Second, B2B marketing isn’t just about advertising a particular product. B2B online marketing companies:
- Pay attention to B2B lead generation campaigns (lead generation marketing simply creates a discussion and interest in a product or service)
- Help the seller create and maintain a unique brand that sets it apart from competitor
- Encourage and maintain relationships with other professionals in the industry
- Create tailored marketing campaigns that catch the eyes of potential buyers
- Provide conversion rate optimization services that allow the selling business to see how certain marketing strategies can convert into actual sales
Ultimately, B2B online marketing companies have to possess extensive knowledge and experience with marketing tactics and trends, but they also need to be knowledgeable of the product or service sold by each client — otherwise they won’t know where to find the target audience, what details are important to sellers, and what pricing/extra support are expected from sellers (and provided by other competitors).
B2B transactions are incredibly essential for the continuous functioning of modern businesses and organizations, but it’s no secret that B2B marketing is pretty complex — which is exactly why B2B online marketing companies are so important.