Science can take over a person’s life. From listening to your son talk about lab work during the day involving spectrometers and benchtop NMRs to his evening reading of the most recent research articles online, you feel as if you are becoming a scientist through osmosis. Your son is staying with you for the next three weeks while he waits for his new apartment to be ready, and he evidently sees this as an opportunity to make sure you understand what his pharmaceutical career is like. You love that he is passionate about what he is doing, but you also know that you likely will not ever understand the details of the observable nuclei readings he talks about, nor that you will ever understand the real difference between benchtop NMR spectrometers and low field NMR models.
Drug discovery is a multi-billion dollar industry in America and you are proud that your son is one of the chemists who play an integral role in one of the many points on the roadmap to drug discovery, but you know that you will never understand even a fraction of what he does at work.
The Latest NMR Interpretation Software Options Allow Researchers and Chemists to Succeed in Many Industries
Pharmaceutical research companies rely on exact scientific results from their teams, and those team rely on thereby best lab equipment to generate those results. It is not only drug companies, however, that find themselves looking for exact findings and results to advance their work. Food and drink companies, as well as medical testing facilities are just a few of the many other industries who rely on scientific research.
Consider these facts and figures about the many ways that lab equipment and research drives scientific discovery and the economy as well:
- Nuclear magnetic resonance is one of the top analytical methods, as well as one of the most useful, in modern chemistry.
- Hydrogen nuclei is the single most studied nuclei.
- Eventually sharing the Nobel Prize for their work in 1952, Felix Bloch and Edward Mills Purcell first demonstrated NMR technology in 1946.
- When the first commercial spectrometers were created in the 1950s they quickly became a key tool for research chemists.
- The employment of medical lab technicians and technologists is expected to increase by 13% by the year 2026.
Whether you have a science background yourself or you rely on getting your knowledge from a spouse or daughter or son, it is impossible to deny the impact that this subject has on the lives that we all lead. With the use of the latest benchtop NMRs, it is important that people in many industries have the best equipment that is available.