In a time when Trump’s Secretary of Education appears to be granting more money to charter schools and local public schools are in a battle to get the tax dollars that they need, it should come as no surprise that more and more schools are looking for help from search engine marketing companies. In fact, in an effort to promote their best programs and highlight their top students, administrators are looking at web design for schools as a necessity.
While a photocopied school newsletter might have worked in the past, today’s administrators know that web designs for schools have to have strong visual appeal and quickly provide answers to the questions that parents ask the most. From class size to teacher to student ratio, parents want to be able to compare what the local public school is offering to the opportunities that are provided at an increasing number of charter schools, as well as parent pay private schools.
From results from the latest marching band competitions to the number of perfect ACT scores, web design for schools can help attract new families to a public district or to a private school system. During a time when social media drives content, it should come as no surprise that both public and private school marketing plans make social media posts are part of their goal.
Consider some of this information about how the best internet marketing companies can help your school reach families who are new to the area of families who are making the decision between private and public school educations for their children:
- 81% of marketers, according to a 2017 report, indicated that they optimize social videos for mobile. A real advantage to schools that want to highlight performance and athletic accomplishments.
- 50% of mobile phone owners use their phone as their primary internet source, so it is important to make sure that the company that provides web design for schools in your district takes this into account.
- 72% of marketers across the world say creating relevant content is the most effective SEO method, so it is important to make sure that your marketing team highlight current staff and student accomplishments.
- 48% of people cited a website?s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business, and there is no reason to think that the same would not be true for school districts.
- It takes as little as 50 milliseconds, the equivalent of 0.05 seconds, for users to form an opinion about a website.
The public schools in some states are still top notch, but in some parts of the country fall short in the eyes of many parents. What are you doing to make an informed decision about where you will sent your child to school?